Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: Is this for real?!?!

  1. #21
    Inactive Member civicboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2000
    Posts
    84
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jon is right. It isn't that turbo's can't pass a sniffer test. If you have a FI kit without CARB #, you will not pass. Before I got the JRSC for my car, I contacted the CARB office by e-mail and phone. I asked about gettting my car tested at a "referee" station. "It is up to the manufactures to get CARB approval". I was told even if it ran clean, I couldn't get a smog certificate. That is why I didn't get a DRAG or F-MAX turbo system even though they make way more power.

    ------------------
    95 Civic SOHC VTEC, JRSC,JR fuel pump, RC 240cc inject.,Greddy exhaust,Ground Controls,Tokico Illumina,rear ST swaybar,Nuespeed f&r upper bars,GAB lower f bar,f&r camber adjuster,Powerstop rotors w/ Porterfield pads

  2. #22
    Inactive Member JRSCGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    246
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yup, that's the same reason that I went with my JR kit in Fall of 98, the fact that I could get it smogged no problem, that and the fact that I would have something that I thought would never be this popular, hehe...

  3. #23
    GSRMatt
    Guest GSRMatt's Avatar

    Post

    Can someone please tell my how the DRAG3 kit handles fuel supply and metering? Or if not, point me in the direction of a website where I can find more about the entire kit?

  4. #24
    Inactive Member civicboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2000
    Posts
    84
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I read a article in one of the mags on a DRAG GEN 3 install on Civic SI. The pictures show a fmu that looks like a vortech. The shop that did the install ,which I think was Dynamic Auto, also recommended using the Fields controller.

    ------------------
    95 Civic SOHC VTEC, JRSC,JR fuel pump, RC 240cc inject.,Greddy exhaust,Ground Controls,Tokico Illumina,rear ST swaybar,Nuespeed f&r upper bars,GAB lower f bar,f&r camber adjuster,Powerstop rotors w/ Porterfield pads

  5. #25
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What gear was this dyno pull done in ???


    ------------------



    '93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

  6. #26
    Inactive Member JRSCGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    246
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    heh Maddracer, you go to UCLA? I've seen a white GSR with 18 inch Te-37's around campus a few times. I just looked at your profile and I saw the GSRBruin email addy. Just wondering, love those wheels though....Go Bruins!!!!hehe, maryland sucks...

    Jon

  7. #27
    Inactive Member MADDracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2000
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hahah yeah thats me, hey jrsc gsr are u the one with white car with the body kit?
    i'm not really into kits but i do love ur jrsc

    maryland does suck

    ------------------
    99 white gsr
    18x7.5 te37
    oem front lip
    tein type na
    greddy exhaust
    intake, JG tb, aem pulleys,
    FI coming soon.. i hope

  8. #28
    Inactive Member MADDracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2000
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hey silvino i'm really sorry to hear about ur caar, but if ur lookin to get rid of ur jrsc i'd be happy to take it off ur hands

    ------------------
    99 white gsr
    18x7.5 te37
    oem front lip
    tein type na
    greddy exhaust
    intake, JG tb, aem pulleys,
    FI coming soon.. i hope

  9. #29
    Inactive Member JRSCGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    246
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yup, that's me. Heh, I share your opinions on my body kit, it was something I did a few years ago in high school, wish I could get rid of it, but my original bumper was messed up, that's why i got the kit in the first place. Maybe we should meet up sometime next quarter, after finals this week and I'll take you for a ride or something.

    Jon

    ------------------
    97 GSR, JRSC...of course
    , RSR Header, Tanabe G power Medallion, AEM Intake, 17" Advan RG's, CRV Crank Pulley(Soon), BTM(soon), J&S(soon)

  10. #30
    Inactive Member MADDracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2000
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    yes we should definitely meet up next quarter. my friend has a 93 prelude si/vtec turbo on volk challenge who lives in sproul. we should all meet up so i can hear what a super charger sounds like.

    ------------------
    99 white gsr
    18x7.5 te37
    oem front lip
    tein type na
    greddy exhaust
    intake, JG tb, aem pulleys,
    FI coming soon.. i hope

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •